October, 16th – 23rd, Sremski Karlovci
The aim of the training is to empower youth workers and young people (especially those that comes from sensitive groups) from Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Ireland, North Macedonia, Slovenia and Serbia to examine their attitude toward constantly changing European context, using performance art as the way of expression. Also, the project will focus hybrid-identities that we develop in the changing context. Specific goals are to enable young people and youth workers:
- to accelerate their understanding of the broader socioeconomic landscape of Europe,
- to increase sensitivity toward minorities and intercultural learning,
- to explore connections between personal, national and meta-national identity,
- to express their opinions about identity, minorities, European values, heritage, positions of power… through performance art,
- to become equipped to use performance art
as a tool for social awareness campaigns.
- youth workers and young people (18 years+)
- willing to use performance art in work with youth and in social awareness campaigns,
- interested in examine „identity issues“: from personal, national to meta-national level.
- be free to participate all duration of the Training,
- has enough good knowledge of English.
Participants coming from sensitive and minority groups are welcome to apply.
Interpreters for sign language may be provided as needed.
Dates of the training: 16th – 23rd of October 2019 (16th and 23rd are traveling days).
Location: Sremski Karlovci
Sremski Karlovci is a town and a municipality in Serbia, situated on the bank of the river Danube. The town has traditionally been known as the area of historically important places.
More info are available at www.karlovci.org.rs/monuments
Travel refund (European Commission criteria, maximum for travel costs from your hometown to Sremski Karlovci, including local travel):
- Croatia – 180,00 EUR
- Estonia – 275,00 EUR
- Greece – 275,00 EUR
- Italy – 275,00 EUR
- Ireland – 360,00 EUR
- North Macedonia – 180,00 EUR
- Slovenia – 180,00 EUR
Organizers will cover costs concerning the training, such as: accommodation and food, travel costs (to the maximum amount indicated above) and training material. We are not able to cover any other additional costs. Participants are expected to be committed to participate in the whole program and able to work in the English language.
Please send the filled application form to your national coordinator (see contacts below) until the 18th of August 2017.
- Croatia, Udruga za razvoj civilnog drustva BONSAI – email@example.com
- Estonia, MTU project SPIRIT – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greece, Creative YouthLand – email@example.com
- Italy, Associazione GIOSEF-UNITO – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ireland, RainbowED – email@example.com
- North Macedonia, Mladinski klub Shtip – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slovenia, Drustvo za trajnostni razvoj SLOMO – email@example.com
- Serbia, Grupa “Hajde da…” – firstname.lastname@example.org